- To think a little more consciously about what I am putting into my body and where it came from. I mean, I know burgers come from McD's and the "non-fast food" version (according to P) In-N-Out (because that name definitely doesn't sound like fast food!) Love you babe.
- To cleanse my body a little of animal by-products. and gook of meat. There's got to be a bit of build-up in the old pipes. I've heard my pipes will be working overtime during this week. Bring it.
- A personal challenge.
- To see if I am one of those people who just feel light and free or will I turn into a royal bitch during "detox."
Back to my challenge. I didn't want to start the week with nothing to eat and setting myself up to fail. A few personal choices so I wouldn't be discouraged.
- First, I went to Whole Foods so I had tons of choices. I will be back later this week if not to just browse. The WF here is AMAZING!!
- I didn't buy the fat free or light version of things. Why? Well, frankly even with all the animal by-products the lite and FF versions often taste disgusting so I didn't want to jump in head first into the kiddie pool.
- I like the taste of meat and not tofu. I'm sorry, but no matter how many people tell me "you won't taste it," um, you are lying. So, I am trying all different things like seitan, new veggies and Gardein.
- Coffee with coconut milk and Spenda (I know, I know Splenda is bad for me but it's yummy)
- Going to try going back to my tea with agave for the rest of this week.
- Whole wheat sourdough toast with Natural Balance butter (vegan butter that I actually used even before this challenge)
- Boxed corn soup -
- Brand: Imagine
- Taste: tastes pretty good, something I would eat if I had my wisdom teeth removed I guess
- Fresh tortilla chips & salsa from Whole Foods
- Coconut water
- Brand: CO2
- Taste: It's an acquired taste but I like it.
- whole wheat linguini
- Brand: 365
- Eggplant marinara saucs
- Brand: 365
- Taste - Okay, but I prefer Trader Joe's organic basil sauce, more flavor
- Ground seitan (Brand: Westsoy)
- Mixed with sauteed onions, basil, oregano, garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Taste - good, kinda like ground turkey where it's fairly bland but I the texture was good.
- TONS of protein!
*Thank to Meghan for that title. Love it. I really wanted the pudding in the fridge today but I couldn't eat it because I am vegan this week and that was her line. :)